A couple of things I'd like to talk to you all about:
- Honesty. Before, when I blogged, I wasn't completely open about my life. I'm not saying I'm going to update this blog every day with personal posts; however, I do want to engage with my followers more, and I want to create a space to share ideas.
- Creativity. I want to share my artwork on this blog, and I'd also like to share some of my writing as well as opinion pieces. I'm also interested in doing book, recipe, and movie reviews. I want this blog to be more than it was before.
- Personal life. Like I stated earlier, I want to share more about myself. This includes my part in the body acceptance community, beauty community, my personal life, queer politics, the feminist community (I'm all about intersectionality, if you're wondering!), and living with mental illness as well as an eating disorder. I want to disclose that I will be Trigger Warning any post in regards to mental illness or eating disorder recovery. In the subject (as well as my tags), I will post a trigger warning to warn those who may be bothered by the subject matter I will write about.
- Integrity. I will be posting clothing, shoes, and beauty reviews like I have in the past. Please remember that everything I write about will be of my own opinions of the products mentioned. I will never ever accept money or goods in exchange for positive reviews.
- Fun. I want this blog to be a fun, safe space (as much as I can make it). I want to know what my readers think, and I am open to suggestions. I'm thinking about doing some new things like thrift hauls and maybe some YouTube videos.
Before I go, I want to tell you all about a fantastic giveaway from a new blog I found called Attack of the Sugar Monster. Heidi, the owner of this lovely blog, is doing a Valentine's Giveaway for body acceptance. She is including some great books including Lessons from the Fat-o-Sphere (one of my absolute favorites). Check it out here.
|The body positive books you could win!|